We're a digital-first sales & marketing agency for B2B SaaS, technology & IT companies. Using a combination of content marketing, SEO, automation, paid media and market understanding, we help our customers differentiate before their competitors get out of bed. Our growing UK team is located in London and Liverpool offices, and we're always on the hunt for new, experienced and hungry talent to work with our amazing customers. Work is about achieving amazing things and fulfilling your potential. At Gripped you can do both. Gripped were recently named in the 'Top 100 UK B2B Marketing Agencies'.
About the Role
Website Executive's role aims to ensure that the websites Gripped build and manage for customers are launched and maintained to the highest standard. This role focuses on both the scoping, creation and launch of our customer’s websites and maintaining and continuously improving them in life.
You will be working directly with both the Customer Success (Account Managers) and Centre of Excellence (Developers, Design, Search) teams on nominated website projects and then being partly responsible for the maintenance of those sites post-launch. You will also lead the charge in building a framework & methodology used to deliver websites to prospects & customers.
For website projects that we undertake, be they brand new sites or enhancements to current sites, you may take ownership of key elements from discovery to concept and delivery of the finished product. Many of the areas below involve the Website Executive working closely with the Account Manager to execute the desired outcomes:
For these types of projects, your responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Working with the various Centre of Excellence resources to ensure that the page content (i.e. imagery, copy etc.) is executed according to the project plan.
- Working with the Account Manager to get all assets approved by the customer according to the agreed-upon timelines.
- Bringing graphics & copy together on the built page templates to deliver finished final pages.
- Ensuring the on-page SEO elements are in place to drive good SEO hygiene against keyword strategy ahead of the go-live.
Account Management <> Developer liaison
- At times you will sit in between the Account Managers and Web developers, acting as a buffer to help answer questions while also making smaller changes to sites, plugins, etc. to allow developers to focus on coding
- Producing wireframes for all the key page templates for the website.
- Work closely with the Planning Manager to ensure that we stay within the project's scope in terms of the volume and complexity of those wireframes.
- Gathering design requirements from the customer or Account Manager.
- Steering the customer or Account Manager towards a design that suits the budget.
- Acting as a primary quality control point with the Account Manager before customer review.
For websites that we either build or inherit and manage on behalf of our customers, you will proactively make incremental improvements every month, ensuring the website is as healthy as possible and always looking for opportunities to refine the user journey.
Proactive website improvements
- To ensure that the websites we are responsible for are constantly improved, you’ll be making proactive changes around what we can do on the website to refine it further and ensure its health, whether from a UI / UX perspective or from a website hygiene perspective.
- Maintaining a position of technical knowledge source for internal stakeholders to call upon for help or questions regarding core website tools (WordPress, Beaver Builder, Google Search Console, SemRush etc)
Reactive website work
- You'll work closely with Account Managers to improve their customer's websites by adding, fixing, or refining the site experience. Tasks in this category could include adding new pages, making suggestions around user journeys, or fixing errors that the Account Manager has spotted.
Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Running a critical eye over existing sites and landing pages, calling out opportunities to increase and improve conversion rates for prospects landing on those pages.
- Continue to identify gaps in personal and company-wide knowledge to fill as well as opportunities for where we can do things better, such as Wider UX best practices, landing page A/B testing, and technical site analysis using tools like Google Analytics and Hotjar.
Why join Gripped?
- 25 Days holiday allowance
- Generous pension contributions
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- A culture of learning and development
- Company Summer Away Days and Christmas party
- Based in central London near Borough Market
- Choice of your own laptop and equipment
- Career progression
- Company Social Committee
- Cycle to work scheme
- Work with an exciting range of SaaS and tech companies
- Working for an ambitious, fast-growing agency
If you think you'd be a good fit - apply today!