Junior Creative Designer
We are looking for a versatile, energetic, and ambitious Junior Creative Designer to join our team. You will produce engaging and visually striking designs, working on briefs from websites to editorial to infographics and more.
If you’re passionate about design with a portfolio showing a range of creative projects, this is the job for you. You’ll work directly with our experienced Creative Designer who will provide guidance and training as well as assign responsibility to you from day 1.
- Delivering engaging, objective led digital solutions including websites, editorial publications, illustrations, dynamic infographics and promotional videos for SaaS (Software as a Service) businesses.
- Producing images to a high standard for social media, paid social media campaigns and website projects among others.
- Ownership over design projects ranging from large website projects to social media imagery and more.
- Working directly with our internal customer success team who work with multiple client accounts on a variety of projects.
- You’ll discuss each job with those stakeholders, understand the audience, consider practical solutions and develop your ideas and creative concepts to match those conversations.
- Working to agreed deadlines, following brand guidelines and industry design standards.
- Bring new ideas and approaches to the way that we execute design projects. We always want to evolve the way that we do things and you’ll be at the heart of the way that the design team do things.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the project priorities and constraints and providing clear and timely communications with internal stakeholders.
- Managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and keeping the team updated on progress.
- Presenting ideas and concepts to internal colleagues.
- Incorporating feedback and amending designs accordingly.
- Working effectively as part of a team both within the design team and with the other disciplines at Gripped.
Essential experience and personal skills:
- Creative flair, originality, and a strong visual sense.
- Good knowledge of graphic design principles, styles and layout techniques.
- Strong proficiency across a wide range of media, and with applying a brand identity across multiple channels, platforms, and tools.
Excellent knowledge of industry-standard design applications – Adobe
- Creative Suite with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and ideally Figma and After Effects.
- Familiarity with website development processes to enable close collaboration with the development team.
- Awareness of emerging design trends and technologies.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- The ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and speed.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Be able to take on and action feedback.
- Structured personal development plan
- 25 days holiday allowance
- Generous pension contributions
- A culture of learning and development where you can grow and gain experience.
- Company Summer Away Days and Christmas party
- Based in central London near Borough Market
- Choice of your own computer and equipment
- Company Social Committee
- Cycle to work scheme
- Work with an exciting range of SaaS and tech companies
- Working for an ambitious, fast-growing agency where you have direct input into the way that we do things
- Digital-only agency so no print work