Gripped, a Digital Marketing Agency working in the B2B technology/SaaS space, are hiring a talented Content Specialist to take responsibility for the planning, briefing and editing of work for our team of writers.
The content marketing efforts we undertake for our clients are underpinned by a continuous flow of short-form blog articles and longer form guides (i.e eBooks) which have to be researched from an SEO perspective, briefed against tone and style guidelines specific to each customer, and rigorously checked and edited to ensure they make the grade. This role sits at the heart of that operation.
You’re likely either a recent graduate, have recently started your career, or have some experience working in a B2B environment. You’ll have had experience working with written content and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to learn new subject areas quickly. You need to know how to write and how to edit the writing of others. You need to be able to research new industries and simplify potentially complex technical subjects into easy to understand briefs.
- Research topic areas to form content calendars for customers
- Write briefs
- Edit drafts
- SEO optimise content using analytics tools like SEMRush
- Resolve client edits
- Conduct blog performance reviews
- Learn about new industry angles to explore and write about
Reporting to the Content Strategist, you will receive ongoing coaching and guidance on how to excel at the above.
- A strong interest in learning and the ability to teach yourself new things.
- A lack of fear in the face of jargon and technical subjects.
- A knack for translating your vision for a piece of content into a concise brief that can be understood by a writer.
- The ability to make suggestions and edits for draft content created against briefs.
- Good proofreading skills.
- Time management skills.
- A willingness to see projects and commitments through to completion.
- Degree education
- At least 6 months experience working hands-on with written content
- A basic understanding of SEO & keyword analysis