New Business Development
We are looking for a talented sales professional with experience working within SaaS who is looking to build a long-term career in our new business team. You will be enthusiastic and driven with the capability of qualifying leads, driving prospects towards buying decisions and closing deals. Within this role, you will be making business transactions virtually and face-to-face.
Managing the complete sales cycle, you play a pivotal role in the continued success of Gripped by delivering new customers against our ambitious growth plan. You will ensure our customers have clear requirements mapped to specific approaches and strategies that make them more successful, achieving maximum benefit and ROI.
You are a confident and tenacious self-starter who thrives when you achieve your goals; you are coachable and want to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. We offer an ongoing commitment to your development and learning from day one, clearly mapped and planned induction and ongoing support.
For the right candidate, there is also an opportunity to lean on their SaaS experience to offer consulting services to our SaaS customers. We are helping them design clear sales processes to make them more successful.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the world of SaaS. They will love helping customers solve their sales and marketing challenges and are comfortable creating a solution for customers based on Gripped’s Service Catalogue. Attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a customer-centric mind are required. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing B2B digital sales and marketing agency with an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role
You will be responsible for delivering qualified, high-quality sales opportunities, and managing them through the sales process to a successful outcome. You will be dealing with B2B Tech and SaaS founders, sales directors and marketers, spending most of your time reaching out and responding to inbound leads, consulting with and nurturing decision-makers across a range of different channels – telephone, social media, and email in particular.
Skills and Experience
- At least five years of relevant B2B SaaS sales experience
- Highly motivated and at ease handling or managing multiple tasks at any one time
- Critical thinking and proven complex problem-solving skills required
- Good commercial sense with a fair understanding of cost, price, and margin, including contractual obligations and risk
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with C-Level / Founders
- Interpreting why buyers buy and translating these reasons into an SoW and plan
- Understand the customer’s situation shape a Gripped SoW and clear plan to facilitate requirements and success
- Be the face of Gripped for new customers and ensure they are onboarded into the Customer Success team successfully
- Manage the pre-sale process while bringing the founders (and other internal stakeholders) into customer conversations at the right time
- Manage and facilitate initial customer workshops post-sale
- Provide guidance and insight about the customer to Account Managers who will own the ongoing customer relationship
- Take the lead on ensuring we maintain a high level of quality and consistency of experience during the critical sales and onboarding stages
- Collaborating with members of the Customer Success team to represent the agreed SoW and new customer requirements
Why join Gripped?
- Generous holiday allowance and pension contributions
- A culture of learning and development
- Based in central London near Borough Market
- Choice of your own laptop and equipment
- Company Social Committee
- Working for an ambitious, fast-growing agency